Plug into the Fender Twin Reverb amp and you'll experience legendary tube tone with an unmistakable vintage vibe. Fender manufactured the Blackface Twin Reverb amp from 1963 to 1967. From its venerable 85-watt AB763 quad-6L6 circuit to its inimitable spring reverb and tremolo, Jensen speakers, and tilt-back legs, the Fender Twin Reverb is every inch a classic, veritable cornerstone of modern American music.
Fall in love with your pedals again
With four Groove Tube 6L6 output tubes in the engine room, the Fender Twin Reverb supplies copious clean headroom, delivering a hefty 85 watts into 4 ohms. Guitarists at Sweetwater love the way the Twin takes guitar pedals. Indeed, the Twin is considered by many to be the ultimate pedal platform. With the Twin Reverb reissue, you can use your pedalboard to sculpt your tone — precisely, predictably, and at any volume.
The avatar of clean
The Twin Reverb has earned a reputation through the decades as the hardest working amp in show business. From its introduction in 1963, it has appeared on countless iconic recordings. By way of endorsement, tone purist Eric Johnson relies on his vintage '68 Silverface Twin (which still incorporated Blackface circuitry) for his clean rhythm guitar sound (switching to a vintage Plexi for dirty rhythm and leads). Many musicians here at Sweetwater own an original or reissue — and they use them relentlessly. Over half a century later, the Fender Twin Reverb is still going strong.
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Features:
- A meticulous reissue of a true American classic
- 85-watt, 2-channel Vintage Reissue Series all-tube guitar combo amp
- 4 x 12AX7, 2 x 12AT7 preamp tubes
- 4 Groove Tube 6L6 output tubes
- 85 watts into 4 ohms
- 2 x 12-inch Jensen speakers
- Reverb, tremolo, 2-button footswitch, and tilt-back legs
- Number of Channels:2
- Total Power:85W
- Speaker Size:2 x 12"
- Preamp Tubes:4 x 12AX7, 2 x 12AT7
- Power Tubes:4 x 6L6
- Inputs:2 x 1/4" (normal), 2 x 1/4" (vibrato)
- Outputs:2 x 1/4" (speaker)
- Footswitch I/O:1 x 1/4" (reverb, vibrato)
- Footswitch Included:Yes, 2-button footswitch
- Construction Material:Birch Plywood with Black Tolex
- Power Source:Fixed AC cable
- Weight:64 lbs.