Awesome R9 here at LAVG from the collection of Joe Jewell - this True Historic features some additional stellar work from Historic Makeover !
Weight - 9.15 Lbs
Pickup Outputs - Neck - 8.11k Bridge - 8.48k
Pickups - Throbak 101s
True Historic 1959 Les Paul Additional Specifications Unprecedented Accuracy in Vintage Looks, Feel, and Tone The most desirable Les Paul ever captured with unprecedented accuracy for the 2015 True Historic Series, with wet-sanded nitro finish, double-carved and hand-sanded top and neck, rolled binding and more. New in 2015
• True Historic Plastics: Molecular level analysis delivers authentic vintage design. Based on lab analysis of original Gibson plastics from the 1950's, the plastics on the True Historics including the Toggle Washer, Cream Jackplate, Cream Pickguard, Pickup Mounting Rings and Toggle switch Cap, have been reformulated and reengineered to the original specifications of their vintage counterparts.
• True Historic Pickup Covers: Designed and engineered based on the originals. Engineered and manufactured to capture every angle and nuance of original vintage pickup covers.
• Double-Carved Top: Authentic vintage dish profile. To recapture the top carve profile of original Vintage Gibson Les Pauls, all True Historic Les Pauls are double carved by CNC, with the final shape of their dish carve achieved through a hand-sanding process.
• Double-Carved Neck: Hand sanded for ideal playability and accurate profile. The necks on all True Historic guitars are double-carved and then hand sanded to achieve that legendary vintage Gibson neck profile; the “beefy”, solid feel of a beautifully hand-crafted Les Paul that rests in the player’s hand like no other guitar.
• "Broken" Peghead Edges, Smoother Edges: Vintage Looks and Feel. Hand-sanded peghead, neck and body edges beautifully capture the look and feel of a true vintage Les Paul.
• Thinner Peghead Veneer: A testament to obsession with detail. While you can’t see it on a finished Les Paul, original ‘50s guitars from Gibson had a thinner peghead veneer. In 2015, all True Historic guitars feature this thoughtful detail in their mission to be as close to an original as possible.
• Thinner True Historic Wet-Sanded Finish: More work, more authentic. All True Historic guitars from Gibson Custom are sprayed with thinner finishes, as were the original 1950’s guitars, and are now hand wet-sanded for beauty and authenticity.
• Hide Glue Top Construction: A real vintage spec on the most "original" Reissue yet. Along with all hide glue neck construction, Gibson Custom extends the use of hide glue to join the back and top of every True Historic guitar, just as it was done in the 1950s. • Rolled Fingerboard Binding: It’s all about feel and playability. One of the most magical aspects of an original ‘50s Les Paul is its smooth, natural feel. Gibson Custom hand-files the fingerboard binding on every True Historic Les Paul to capture that feel precisely.